13th Globema’s International Conference “Beyond GIS”, including the annual Smallworld CEE users meeting, took place on 8th-9th June at the Sofitel Victoria Hotel in Warsaw, Poland.
The event gave an ideal opportunity to network, share best practices and exchange ideas with over 150 participants:
- experienced users,
- geospatial professionals and
- solution providers.
The main theme of the Globema’s Conference was “Efficient management of network infrastructure, service fulfillment & mobile work force”. During industry-specific sessions, experiences from projects and solutions based on the Smallworld platform for particular industries – Telecommunication & CaTV; Electrical Energy; Gas, Heating, Oil & Water – were presented.
34 lectures and presentations covered subjects concerning
- operational savings,
- maximization of assets usage,
- return on investment in newest technologies,
- data management
- quality of services fulfilment and much more…
Product workshops were a newly added feature to the conference agenda. They were related to the systems used in various industries, implemented and applied by the network operators. During the first product workshop, an interactive live demo of Field Force Automation (FFA) was provided. Globema’s crew showed the examples of FFA implementations adapted to network maintenance and services. Benefits of implementing the Work Force Management system among various industries were discussed. The second product workshop was related to FME – software that converts, transforms, publishes, manages, and integrates spatial data.
Traditionally, the Conference was accompanied by
- the Solutions Showcase, where our experts on respective products demonstrated live all systems that compose our market offer
- additional attractions, such as the boat trip on the Vistula river, dinner at the Royal Castle, female string quartet concert and much more.