“Google Earth&Maps for Business” Seminar, organized by Globema & Google, was held in Prague on December 3rd. Enterprise solutions based on Google Maps&Earth platforms, including industry-specific applications, case studies and live demos were shown at the event. The seminar was attended by over 60 participants from over 40 companies and public agencies.
The meeting was addressed mainly to the following sectors: telecommunications & utilities, government institutions, logistics. The key Google GEO technologies were showcased live at the event:
- Google Maps API for Business – enables overlaying own data on a customized Google Map.
- Google Maps Engine – enables creating, publishing and sharing own, customized maps.
- Google Maps Coordinate – a workforce management tool that improves the efficiency of mobile workers.
- Google Earth PRO – a 3D interactive globe that can be used to aid planning, analysis and decision making.
Since Google Maps are well known to virtually every Internet user nowadays, the event was dedicated to showing the examples of deployments in businesses. The following applications on Google GEO technology were demoed:
- GeoMarketing – enables integrating Google GEO tools with CRM, ERP and other company systems and presenting internal data for analyses and reports.
- GeoGrid – allows presenting and editing GIS data (network infrastructure in the field) directly on Google Maps and in Google Earth technology.
- GeoEstate – an application for the real estate industry, used for visualizing planned or completed investments on the map.
- GeoLocator – a “Store Locator” type tool, which allows presenting shops, offices, customer service points on the website.